Q: Clutch pedal stays to floor. Replaced master cylinder. Clutch push rod broke. Also do I need to change slave cylinder

My clutch pedal stays to floor, clutch push rod was broke. Bought new clutch master cylinder. While bleeding clutch the clutch push rod broke. Also do I need to change slave cylinder. 2004 Kia Optima LX 4 cylinder. Was bleeding and clutch was stiffing but the rod broke any suggestions

A: If you have an issue with your clutch pedal...

If you have an issue with your clutch pedal going to the floor, the slave cylinder is normally the cause of this circumstance.

Also, if the push rod has been broken the first step would be to track down a new one because that push rod is a very necessary part of the clutch pedal system.

Once a new push rod has been located and installed, I would recommend having a new slave cylinder installed as well.

If you are in doubt about this repair, I would recommend having it performed by a qualified professional, such as one from YourMechanic. One of our mobile technicians will be able to come to your home to diagnose the issue with your clutch pedal and replace your clutch slave cylinder as necessary.