Q: Q: Large driver-side mirror blocked view and caused accident

When I make a left-hand turn, the mirrors obstruct my view completely. They are too big and too high. To see past them I have to look either below or above them. This caused me to hit a small sports car, while I was making a left turn. The driver’s side mirror completely blocked my view of the small car. I couldn't see him until he was right in front of me. I shudder to think if it had been a pedestrian in a crosswalk. What can I do to replace the mirrors or what do you advise?

Hello there, the mirror issue is not a common one. Your Audi Q5 comes equipped with the standard size mirrors unless some sort of aftermarket extension or additional mirror was added.

The most likely cause of the mirror issue is either the mirrors are not adjusted properly or the seating position is to low. The easiest solution may be to raise the seat. It would not be a simple matter to change the mirrors out.

If you decide to get this fixed, enlist a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who will be able to help you replace your mirrors to something you prefer.

3. Q: Large driver-side mirror blocked view and caused accident