Q: The dash shows warning lights on, the alarm goes off

asked by on June 15, 2016

Lately, there have been some issues that appear randomly while I'm driving. The dash in my vehicle would show service traction control and service stability control warnings illuminated. Also, the alarm would go off inside the cab. I've been to the shop and they don't seem to know what is the cause of this. I had the brakes checked. I replaced the tires with new ones. All the fuses are new as well. However this issue still happens intermittently. Do you have any idea what I should check next? Thanks.

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

It is possible that you could be experiencing an alternator failure. When alternators fail, they can cause a number of electrical issues to occur that seem unrelated. My best recommendation would be to have your battery and alternator professionally tested with a digital multimeter to determine whether they are within the manufacturer’s specifications. If these parts are not up to par, have them replaced as soon as possible to prevent these abnormal electrical issues that you are experiencing.