Q: Drove through a puddle and stalled the engine.

I drove through 4 or 5 inches of water and my car stalled. I was told to dry out the spark plugs and that should help. I can't remove my spark plugs without an expandable socket wrench which I don't. I have dried all around the plugs the best I can is there anything else I can do?

The engine tries to turn over but cant

Hi there. If you still cannot remove the spark plugs, then remove the air filter in the air box to the engine and replace it as it is probably full of water. If the filter is full of water, the engine will try sucking in water instead of air causing the engine to static lock (hydro lock). Remove the source of ignition to the distributor or coils and hold the throttle on the floor. This will allow as much air in the engine as possible. Then try to crank the engine over. If the engine is not wanting to turn over and it has a stopping motion, then there is too much water in the engine and it requires the spark plugs to be removed. Do not attempt to start the engine until the engine turns over normally like it did before you drove through the puddle of water. If you need further assistance with water in your engine, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.