Q: Engine crank, no coil spark, fuel pump does not kick in.

asked by on February 05, 2017

Engine cranks fine but will not start. It originally had a good spark but the fuel pump would not kick in. I replaced the fuel pump and pump relay. Still had same problem. I decided to check spark again at the coil, and nothing. Now it has no spark at the coil and the fuel pump does not kick in. I jumped the fuel pump using the pump primer in the fuse box and the pump works fine when I do that it has fuel pressure all the way through. I have also changed the crank position sensor and still no spark or fuel pump. What is the problem? I can't seem to find a reasonable explanation for it.

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. There could be multiple issues causing your lack of spark problem, ranging from a minor electrical short in the main relay to an issue with your ECU. In order to know for sure, you should have a professional mobile mechanic complete an electrical problems inspection.