Q: Can't shift bugger into neutral after a battery drain

I'm a salesman and have been away for a while. I keep my car in the garage while driving the company car. I had an extended trip and forgot to ask my neighbor to drive my car and naturally the battery died. I also didn't think to back the car in, in case this happened and now my car won't shift into neutral. The shifter just won't move at all. Can you give me any suggestions how to get it out so I can get the battery jumped?

A: Try putting in the key and only turning it ...

Try putting in the key and only turning it to the first position before the key turns on and try to shift the shifter to neutral. If this does not work then you can open the hood and use a jumper box or carry a battery in the garage to use as a jumper. You do not need to be hooked to a car. The other way would be to replace the battery if you can or get it out and then charge it. Hook up a trickle charge to the power outlet or direct to the battery and let it charge the battery. Last resort have a tow truck pull your car out of the garage.