Q: clutch is not getting enough separation

When I press the pedal on my clutch, it doesn't not separate fully, it is close and I can shift gears while already moving but once stopped I have to put the truck in gear while turned off and start the truck either in first or reverse. When I put it in first while stopped and take my foot off the brake, it slowly creeps forward. I've already gone under neath the truck and adjusted the clutch as far as it will go and it still is not getting the right amount of separation. Will I have to take out the entire transmission to fix it?

Hi there. What you are describing sounds as if the clutch slave cylinder is faulty, or you’ve got a different internal clutch system component that is not engaging as it should. Either way, you should remove the transmission to have clear access to the clutch and determine what’s causing the problem. It might be better however, to have one of our mobile mechanics come to your location and complete a clutch is not working correctly inspection first, before you begin to search for faulty components.

3. clutch is not getting enough separation