Q: Bad fuel pump or another issue? 1992 GMC C1500

My truck starts fine and will idle in the driveway all day,but if I'm driving it,it will stall on me 2-3 times just going to the store which is only about a mile away,to start it I have to hold the peddle to the floor and it will start after about 10 cranks,spit and spudder for a few seconds while I pump it to keep it going then will run fine till it quits again just woundering if the fuel pump is the problem,also just replaced the plugs and wires and air filter

Hello - I agree with you that this is likely a fuel supply issue. There are several possibilities as the source of the problem fuel pump or fuel pump relay (runs, but gets hot and fails), fuel filter clogged, dirty fuel injectors, or bad fuel pressure regulator. Check fuel pressure, both while idling and while driving. I would recommend a thorough inspection of the fuel system by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs