Q: Clunking noise in front end when you hit a bump

When im driving it makes a clunking noise in the front of the truck it doesnt do it unless you hit a bump a mechanic told us it was the bearings but i really dont think that could be related to the problem. Any ideas on what it could be ???.

A: This may be a sign of worn out control arm ...

This may be a sign of worn out control arm bushings. Control arm bushings are an important part of vehicle suspension systems. Bushings are made of rubber which separates the faces of two objects while allowing a certain amount of movement. As the car moves over tough or bumpy surfaces, this movement allows the suspension parts to move easily. The rubber which is flexible in nature helps to minimize transmission of noise and small vibrations through to the chassis of the vehicle. When these are failing or worn out, this may cause the symptoms you describe. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose the clunking noise and repair this.