Q: Clueless

Im completely stumped. 98 s10 2.2L wont start will randomly fire and die on its own consistently starts with starting fluid but only until it burns up than stalls. Ive replaced fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator, both coils and the crankshaft position sensor. Pressure holds at the rail 42-45 psi up to 50 while cranking. Checked each plug for spark also checked each individual injector for pulse and all good. Also had 2 different scan tools hooked up and pulled no codes except for the abs system had an open wheel speed sensor circuit. Also looked into having one of yourmechanics mechanics come diagnose at my home but none available in my area. Any ideas?

A: I know this can be a little frustrating whe...

I know this can be a little frustrating when you do so much work and nothing happens. Starting fluid isn't going to be good if it doesn't run afterwards. You may want to inspect your timing belt. I often turn people away from this because it's usually not the problem, however it sounds like this is your issue. All you need to do is take off the timing cover and inspect your timing to ensure the timing is correct. If you have a timing light, it may make it easier. There are videos that show you how to use the timing light. Secondly, you may want to check your distributor and rotor. Hopefully thats your issue because its as simple as taking it off and replacing it. I think these two issues will point you in the right direction. I hope this helps.