Q: Check engine light is on and the car does not want to drive

The cars light came on and the car would not drive faster than 35mph. Stopped the car and tried to drive it again and the transmission did not want to go into drive allowed the car to sit for a couple of days and light is still on but I was able to drive the car down the block. I'm not sure where to take it to not get ripped off . Do I take it somewhere to get the engine light checked or just take it to a transmission place. The is not alot of money in the buget to fix the car. I am sure what to do I'm new to the city and not had a lot of luck with finding a mechanic.

A: Hi there: On most modern cars, there are a...

Hi there:

On most modern cars, there are a series of sensors that are designed to monitor mechanical systems; such as the transmission on your Saturn. In most cases, when a problem occurs, a trouble code is stored in the on board computer that will indicate what is causing the troubles. The best way to find out what’s going on is to not take your car to a shop; let the mechanic come to you. Contact one of our professional mobile mechanics to complete a check engine light inspection first. This will allow them diagnose what’s wrong with your car so they can recommend and complete the right repairs.