Q: Car won't start, turns over and lights come on

Cannot get car to start, it will turn over and the lights come on the dashboard but literally nothing else happens

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a faulty connection to the starter or possibly a failing starter relay. The starter relay directs power from the battery to the starter solenoid which then engages the starter when you turn the key. When this is not working properly, you may notice intermittent starting problems including no response when turning the key to start. Generally, when this does fail, it does so very randomly and usually without warning other than intermittent starting. The power from the battery will still power other accessories such as radio, horn, etc., but you may not have any power to the starter. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and replace your starter relay.