Q: Car won't start, no turnover

I can't get my car to start. It won't even turn over. The car has a completely new battery that has power. The lights and other electronics work. I tried to get out of the vehicle, lock and unlock, press alarm buttons. What could be wrong? Is the engine going out?

Hi, thanks for writing in about your 1995 Mercedes-Benz S420. Your symptoms are similar to a vehicle with a malfunction in the starting system, which consists of the battery, ignition, starter, and circuit protectors in between them. In many cases, the starter may have failed causing the no-crank no-start situation. Have an experienced technician inspect the vehicle’s starting issue by checking the charging systems and their circuit protection.