Q: Car won't start, no turnover

I can't get my car to start. It won't even turn over. The car has a completely new battery that has power. The lights and other electronics work. I tried to get out of the vehicle, lock and unlock, press alarm buttons. What could be wrong? Is the engine going out?

A: Hi, thanks for writing in about your 1995 M...

Hi, thanks for writing in about your 1995 Mercedes-Benz S420. Your symptoms are similar to a vehicle with a malfunction in the starting system, which consists of the battery, ignition, starter, and circuit protectors in between them. In many cases, the starter may have failed causing the no-crank no-start situation. Have an experienced technician inspect the vehicle's starting issue by checking the charging systems and their circuit protection.