Q: Car won't start. I ran out of gas then put gas in and drove home now it won't start.

I ran out of gas . I put a gallon in and drove to gas station. I put about 5 more gallons in and drove home. Once I parked the car shut off on it's on and has not started back up.

There is a possibility that running the car out of fuel may have damaged the fuel pump. The fuel pump relies on the fuel inside the tank to keep it cool and working properly. When the tank is run dry, this results in the fuel pump generating an immense amount of heat and in some cases burning itself up. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to inspect your fuel pump.

• Car won't start. I ran out of gas then put gas in and drove home now it won't start.