Q: Car will turn over but not start.

Ok so today i bought the car from someone and I got it home and put a battery in it and it started right up but ran very poor like it would die if you didn't hold the gas and white smoke coming out of the tail pipe..so I cut the car off because I was told the car has a bad altinator so I was going to check the voltage while the car was off then check again while running...so when I cut it off I checked the voltage then tried to crank it back up and it wouldn't start it just turns over..even with a battery charger hooked to it it will not crank up..I checked the fuel pressure and getting about 60 pounds and checked the spark and there is a spark so I dunno what's going on..the lady I bought the car from said the car had been sitting for about 3 months..it's not throwing any codes and the security light is not flashing..

Hi there. You will need to add a pint of fuel water vaporizer to the fuel tank. There is excessive water in the fuel system and that is why your exhaust is white is if there was water in the exhaust. Once the additive has sat for about 1 to 2 hours, you will need to remove the fuel line from the engine and pump fuel into a container to get rid of the watered down fuel in the line. You may have to remove the fuel rail to clean out the water. If you need further assistance with your car not starting, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Car will turn over but not start.