Q: Car will not turn over - 2011 GMC Acadia

My car stalled while driving it. There was a burning smell under the hood. We replaced a new alternator and battery. It still will not start. The dash lights come on and the check engine light flashes extremely fast. What do you think is wrong?

A flashing Check Engine Light is commonly an indicator that you have non-burning raw fuel that is flowing into the exhaust system or triggering the O2 sensors to report this information. This is one reason why your engine is probably not starting or running. The best solution here is to have a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, complete an inspection of the vehicle. They can download all error codes, determine what is damaged with your vehicle, and recommend the correct repairs.