Q: Car whines and shimmies park won't engage.

After replacing the passenger hub assembly on my 2006 equinox, I went to test drive and noticed loud whining and shimmying and what's worse is park won't engage. From replacing hub assembly? Why

A: You should go back and check over all the w...

You should go back and check over all the work you did for any loose fasteners, and check your fluids to make sure they are full. It is not unusual to pull a bad part out of a new box. As far as the park not engaging, this may be a separate concern all together like a worn or misaligned linkage at the shifter or transmission side. In order to have the problem scoped out properly, consider having a qualified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the whining noise and park shifting problem to have this corrected.