Q: My car went into limp home mode and I am being told it is the transmission 2010 Ford Mustang

My car went into limp home mode. The check engine light and wrench light are on. It's a 2010 ford Mustang v6 4.0. I took it into the Ford dealer to get it diagnosed and they say they will have to take apart the transmission to look more into the problem and don't know what it is at this moment. I looked up this problem to see if other people had this issue and a lot of people say it could be the throttle body or throttle position sensor. Just want to get more advice on what it could be before I let them do more.

Hello. There are any number of reasons that would cause your car to go into limp mode. Anything that the computer sees that can cause damage to the power train will put the vehicle into limp mode. I would need to know what codes are stored in the computer to know for sure what is going on. I have seen a lot of transmission problems with this car so it is quite possible that it is causing this. If you want to have it checked by someone else, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic, can come to you to [diagnose why the vehicle is going into limp mode] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/loss-of-power-inspection

Hello - first thing is to determine what problem codes are setting the Check Engine condition. Low transmission fluid level can cause this condition. In addition, failure of the throttle position sensor is a fairly common cause of this behavior among Ford Mustang owners as well, and much easier and less expensive to repair. For a trusted 2nd opinion, I recommend a loss of power inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. My car went into limp home mode and I am being told it is the transmission 2010 Ford Mustang