Hi , I turn the car off but the fan won’t stop

Hi , I turn the car off but the fan won’t stop Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car? Range Rover Evoque 2013 Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Range Rover Evoque yourself? What hav...

Hi , I turn the car off but the fan won’t stop Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car? Range Rover Evoque 2013 Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Range Rover Evoque yourself? What have you tried so far? No I haven’t tried anything Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? That’s it

Automotive Expert
Welcome to JustAnswer! You can ask unlimited questions to any of the 12,000 Experts! From doctors, lawyers, tech support, contractors, tutors, auto and boat mechanics, appliance technicians, veterinarians, accountants, appraisers, psychologists, engineers, heavy machinery masters, dream interpreters, and more, we've got you covered, 24/7. My name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* I will be able to assist you. I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Thank you for taking the time to let us help you out with this problem and hopefully we can sort it out quickly. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Which fan is staying on? The blower motor or the engine fan?

I believe the engine fan
Automotive Expert
Ok that's most likely caused by the cooling fan control module not removing the power. Of course some testing would need to be done to verify that but that would be the most likely cause.

Is there any way i can stop until i can take it to the mechanic?Stop it\*
Automotive Expert
You could unplug the fan when the vehicle is parked but make sure you plug it back in before driving it or you'll destroy the engine.

Ok thank you
Automotive Expert
You're very welcome.