Q: Car start then dies

Ignition was pulled out. I replaced ignition and took vehicle to ford dealership to have keys programmed. The mechanic said he hooked up the scanner and the car would not communicate with scanner and it would need a diagnostics done to find problem. The car will start and run for approximately 3-5 seconds then dies. Anti theft light stays blinking.

Hi there:

If the ignition components you used were not OEM, it’s possible that is the reason you’re having connectivity or communication issues with the ECU. However, the two issues (programming the keys and car shutting off) may not be related. It’s possible that you have some fuel delivery issues that are causing your issues. It might be a good idea to have you contact one of our local mobile mechanics to complete a car is hard to start inspection; so they can inspect you’re Ford Mustang and determine why you’re having these problems.