Q: Car sat and now will not start

My car runs, sputters, and dies. It sat for 10 years, and for another three years after I replaced the distributor, wires, plugs, fuel filter, fuel pump, and put in fresh fuel. I think it might be the injectors or the fuel lines.

Hi there. It sounds as if you are experiencing an obstruction in the fuel delivery system. I’d suggest having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, properly diagnose the no-start issue and perform the repairs necessary to safely get your car back on the road.

3. Car sat and now will not start