Q: Car radiator is not holding coolant

My car's radiator is not holding coolant, but I do not know where it is leaking from. The car started shutting off while driving and the Check Engine light is on.

A: A simple coolant leak can turn into bigger ...

A simple coolant leak can turn into bigger problems. The source of the leak will need to be determined and repaired. Most of the time coolant leaks externally, but it can leak into the engine, or even into the transmission if the heat exchanger in the radiator fails. The computer will need to be scanned to find the cause of the the engine stalling. The two problems may be unrelated, but, if the engine overheated, more damage may have occurred. I would not delay having the car diagnosed. If you would like this inspected or repaired, consider having an expert mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, help you determine the source of the coolant leak and suggest potential fixes.