Q: Car not going into gear

My car won't go into gear. I changed out the transmission and torque converter, and the car still won't go into gear.

If by going into gear you mean the shift lever actually moves but the vehicle wont move, you might still have a transmission issue. Automatic transmissions have several clutch packs inside as well as bands, servos, and a valve body that directs fluid to the proper location in the transmission. If the unit is a rebuilt unit, consider getting your transmission inspected. Checking the line pressure of the transmission is something a qualified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can do. This will help them determine if the pump is building enough pressure, or if there is some kind of internal pressure loss that is keeping the vehicle from going into gear.