Q: Car tries to turn over, but doesn't start

asked by on February 08, 2016

Car has been sputtering every once in awhile, especially when going uphill. The other day, it was sputtering, and then it died. The next day, it started for about 20 seconds and then died. Now, it tries to turn over, but doesn't start.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

It sounds like you may have had your fuel pump go bad. The sputtering could have been due to low fuel pressure. As the pump worsened, the symptoms worsened until it got so bad that your car would not start. This is a pretty common problem. I would ask for help from one of the mechanics at YourMechanic to come to you and diagnose why your vehicle will not start.