Q: What is causing my warning lights to come on?

My check charge light came on and my battery light came on what could be the problem

Your battery and charging system will need to be tested to see if the alternator is charging correctly. The alternator is most likely the cause of your Charge Light and Battery Light coming on. You should replace the alternator after verifying that the battery tests well and the battery cables are clean and tight. A charging system cannot work correctly if the battery will not hold a load or the cables are corroded and loose. If you need any professional assistance with these inspections, contact a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who can properly diagnose the cause of your illuminated warning lights.

3. What is causing my warning lights to come on?