Q: Car failing smog check

My car is failing the smog test with the code OBDII Monitors Not Ready - Oxygen Sensor.

Hi there. If your car is not passing smog due to the monitors not being ready, that means the vehicle needs to be driven until the monitors are completed. The OBDII monitors are a self performed test that the vehicle’s computer will carry out automatically when the correct driving conditions, such as speed, temperature, etc,. have been met. As most vehicle’s will not pass smog until all of the monitors are completed, I would recommend driving the vehicle normally for a few more days, and then having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, rescan the computer to see if the monitors have been completed.