Q: Car exhaust is giving white smoke when I start the car everyday.

Whenever I start the car engine after keeping it overnight, I see cloud of white smoke comes out from exhaust at first and then little bit of smoke keeps on coming for 1 or 2 minutes. But after that I don't see any smoke when I start again. The smoke smells like burning gasoline i mean it smells like something we usually smell in heavy traffic areas. What is the probable reason for this? Is there any problem with the engine or something else?

A: Hi there: Typically white smoke is an indi...

Hi there:

Typically white smoke is an indicator of coolant or liquid other than oil or fuel inside the combustion chambers. This can be caused by a blown head gasket (if you had an overheating issue recently) or simple air to fuel ratio issues caused by a mass air flow sensor or exhaust system sensors not working correctly. The best way to know for certain what's causing these issues is to have a professional mechanic complete a smoke from engine or exhaust inspection.