Q: can you use an alternator from an 2004 mercury sable for 1999 mecury mystique

can you use an alternator from an 2004 mercury sable for 1999 mecury mystique

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

The two applications do not interchange in the catalog. Looking at the two in detail (using AC Delco’s on-line catalog), the plugs are different, the plugs are in a different location on the unit and the output ratings are different. Although used alternators are risky, if you desire one, visit Car-Part.com and input the year make and model of interest and you will find all alternators that are confirmed interchanges for your application. If desired, you can obtain a written quote for alternator replacement, and schedule the repair to suit your needs, by visiting YourMechanic’s alternator replacement service page. Once on that page, please click on "Get a Quote" and enter your vehicle information (year, make, model). If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. can you use an alternator from an 2004 mercury sable for 1999 mecury mystique