Q: Chirping sound coming from car

asked by on June 10, 2017

Chirping sound when my car starts to accelerate. Sound isn't constant, seems to be at random. The brake and battery light also just recently came on. Was wondering if it is a belt, pulley, or alternator issue.

You’re probably right. that sounds like it might be a belt slipping when you accelerate. If the belt(s) have never been replaced than they are certainly due, and at the age of your car its probably ready for a new tensioner as well. If you contact Your Mechanic, you can have a technician come out to your home or office to check out your Nissan and let you know what it needs. If it’s a belt, they can replace it right there on the spot.