Q: Can you give me advice on what you think the problem might be.

I just got my van fixed a week ago the water pump the timing belt and the radiator and now it won't crank and the check engine light is on and there a little smoke coming from under the hood. Is there any advice on what the problem might be. My husband heard a thud when he tried to crank it up that's when it started to smoke.

Hello.

From what you described, it would appear that the vehicle may possibly be experiencing some sort of mechanical or performance issues. If there was a thud and the vehicle will no longer crank, then it may be possible that some sort of mechanical issue occurred. If this happened immediately after the vehicle was serviced then it may be possible that the issue is related to the work that was done, perhaps related to the timing belt service. It may also be possible that the engine is experiencing performance issues, perhaps in the form of shorted or burned out electronics or wiring. If the check engine light is on, I would recommend having the trouble codes retrieved as they will likely shed some light on what the issue may be and possibly help you determine if the issue is mechanical or electrical in nature. If you need helping looking into this issue further, I would recommend having a professional technician from YourMechanic inspecting this issue.

3. Can you give me advice on what you think the problem might be.