Q: Can putting a EverStart Marine Battery, Group 24MS - 1000 CA in my van damage it? If so, how?

asked by on March 21, 2018

Can putting a EverStart Marine Battery, Group 24MS - 1000 CA in my van damage it? If so, how?

The battery you installed is a 12 volt battery and although the cranking amps rating of the battery you have applies to a higher temperature (marine environments are typically relatively warm environments) at 1,000 MCA (marine cranking amps), that is high enough to be adequate for your vehicle. There is no problem using that battery so long as the battery fits securely in the vehicle battery tray and the battery is secured to the vehicle. Make sure it fits within a secure hold down on the battery tray (do not leave the battery loose). Should you need further assistance, please refer to YourMechanic’s battery service request page.