My 2010 Cadillac [cts](/topics-cts/) began making funny n...

My 2010 Cadillac [cts](/topics-cts/) began making funny noises and loosing its coolant. I added some stop leak to it it only seemed to work for a minute. Then the car began running hot so I replaced the [water pump](/topics-water-...

My 2010 Cadillac [cts](/topics-cts/) began making funny noises and loosing its coolant. I added some stop leak to it it only seemed to work for a minute. Then the car began running hot so I replaced the [water pump](/topics-water-pump-cadillac/) on it. The noise is now gone however the car is still getting hot. And I noticed when I have the heater on and blowing directly towards me the car doesn't get hot but as soon as I put the defrost on it began to get hot again. Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you noticed any leaking? The coolant is full in the reservoir and I just replaced the pump Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CTS yourself? What have you tried so far? Yes im fixing it myself and I changed the water pump. Topped off the coolant Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? No I think that is it

Automotive Expert
Hello, my name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* to just answer! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. will do my best to help you resolve them. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Let's get started!

Thank you
Automotive Expert
Can you post a video clip of the noise? This way I can get a good understanding of what is going on.

There isn't any noise anymore not since I changed the water pump todayI'm sorry but I really can't afford the extra 26$Hello
Automotive Expert
Im still lhere All responses from me are not instant sorry

Ok so can you help me
Automotive Expert
**Hi, so the noise is gone but the [engine](/topics-engine-cadillac/) is still overheating?**

Still not sure what you need?

Have a certified mobile mechanic diagnose what's wrong with your car, at your home or office.