Q: Buying supermarket oil that is expired

Is it okay to buy oil from a supermarket, which is not a special offer when you look at the container that's about three months out of date? P.S. I use only the good oil, the one you mentioned.

A: Now, if you are talking about Castrol, I wo...

Now, if you are talking about Castrol, I wouldn't even worry about it going bad. That's pretty good oil. You shake it up before you pour it in, but you can pour it out. It's all clear and there's nothing wrong with it. Let's face it--it's oil. Oil has been in the ground for millions of years. So if it's sitting there for months or years, it really isn't going to hurt it that much-as long as the cap is solid and it hasn't been broken, and no air got in to oxidize it.