Q: Brakes feel squishy

My brakes are squishy when I first start my car. It feels like there is air in the line. The brake fluid might be leaking as well.

A: You are correct that excessive pedal travel...

You are correct that excessive pedal travel can be caused by air entering the brake system. However, unless there is a leak or the system has recently been serviced, air should not have entered the system. There could be a hydraulic leak somewhere or the master cylinder could be leaking internally. Brakes are a safety concern so I suggest you have your vehicle inspected as soon as possible. A qualified mechanic will be able to diagnose and repair your brakes to have you safely back on the road.