Q: Blower motor transistor fins

Blower fan inop. Replaced blower motor transistor and blower motor per Jay's suggestion. Works now! Thank you! However, I have a small issue with the blower motor transistor fitting back in it's slot. The metal fins on the back of the new one are longer and stick out further than the old one, so when I install the new one back in it's slot, the metal fins hit a plastic wall and I'm not able to screw it in. Knowing that the transistor gets VERY hot, is it an issue if it's resting against a plastic wall?? If not, I might leave it without screws as it seems to be in there pretty snug. Thoughts??

A: Compare the new part and old part. If they ...

Compare the new part and old part. If they are not the same size and fit, then they gave you the wrong part. The transistor will get very hot on the fins and may melt into the plastic if touching it.

A: Different plastics melt at different temper...

Different plastics melt at different temperatures but your prudence is right on the mark; it’s best not to have something you describe as fairly hot touching anything.

If you judge it secure enough, it’s probably okay. Or, if it is possible to alter the mounting position, use stand-offs, or something similar.

If this is a dealer-supplied part, or OEM (original equipment manufacturer), it should fit exactly. If it is an aftermarket part and does not fit, I would not recommend using it; I would return it to the store and buy the OEM part.