Q: battery replacement

I stopped by Les Schwab Center to check the battery today. What they said was at first battery is bad and then it cannot be replaced there because alternator currency is high. They recommended to go the dealer shop. My question is that do I really need to go to the dealer shop to replace battery? it will cost a lot.

This sounds like what they are saying is that the problem may not be the battery but rather the alternator. When the alternator is charging the battery at a rate that is higher than normal it can damage the battery. I would suggest having a certified expert, like one from YourMechanic, come to your home to diagnose the issue with your battery and test the alternator to determine whether you need to replace the alternator, the battery, or both.