Battery discharged in SUV honda charging system pilot bat...

Q: Battery discharged in SUV

asked by on February 11, 2016

My SUV quit running after the battery discharged.

Hi. If the battery discharged while you were driving, it sounds like you have a charging system problem. The computers that enable the engine to run need the battery, with a charge, to operate. Even with a good alternator, a shorted cell in the battery can cause the vehicle to stall. The battery needs to be tested first, then the charging system with a good, fully charged battery. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the battery and repair any other failing components.