Q: After driving the explorer over a 100 miles the trans slips in 1st and 2nd

hubby who is a mechanic, just replaced the transmission. runs fine around town and short distances. But when driven for long distances slips in 1st and 2nd, but is fine in the higher gears. Can manually shift and is normal.

This may be related to a few different things such as low transmission fluid, a bad pressure switch or potentially a bad solenoid switch. Since the transmission uses hydraulic pressure to activate a solenoid that is triggered by a specific amount of hydraulic pressure, this process can be disrupted when any of these components is not working properly or when the transmission lacks enough fluid to create the necessary pressure to force the shift to happen. The torque converter requires a specific amount of fluid in order to make this happen.

• After driving the explorer over a 100 miles the trans slips in 1st and 2nd