Q: About Engine Swap

Hello. I'm Steven. I'm thinking about swapping out my 2.2Litre engine for a better engine with more power so the question that I have is what size engine can be pulled out from another that will fit my car, what would be the model, make of the car? Next question, also would all work is it all going to take, what kind of modifying does it require me to make? I am going to a salvage yard next week so I need a answer soon. Thanks

The LD9 "Quad-4" engine offered with the Cavalier Z24 option (same years 1995-2005) is your best bet and will yield about 25% more horsepower. Make sure to get the transmission, wiring, and electronics from the donor vehicle, so that hardware and software will match. Find a set of GM service manuals that include wiring diagrams for your vehicle. Any other approach will lead to heartache, and an inoperative car in all likelihood. As attractive as it sounds to switch from an automatic to a manual, it will bring another level of challenges and required skills.

Best of luck!

3. About Engine Swap