Q: A mechanic at sears auto center told me I had a oil pan leak. But i have not seen any oil leak from under my car. He recommende

When I first bought my Malibu, I took it to sears auto center to hand it looked at. I had a loose tire rod and he said an oil pan leak. I got the tire rod fixed but the oil pan together was too much. He said it'll be fine if I just keep oil in it. So I haven't gotten my oil changed in 3 years now. I've never seen any oil leak and I've only come to grips of my incompetence. Why didn't I check or have it inspected to verify. I want to know the dire consequences of not changing my oil.

Oil leaks should be repaired because leaking oil can damage external engine components such as rubber motor mounts. If you want the source of the oil leak identified and the repair estimated, simply request an oil leak diagnostic. Your vehicle has an engine oil maintenance reminder system to let you know when it’s time to change the engine oil and filter. The allowed interval for oil changes depends on your unique driving habits and can be up to, but not more than, one year. If you haven’t driven the vehicle a lot, don’t needlessly worry about having gone perhaps 2-3 years without the required oil change. It is critical though, at this juncture, to change the oil and filter immediately. Synthetic oil is recommended. If you desire that this maintenance be performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an engine oil/filter change and the responding mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.

3. A mechanic at sears auto center told me I had a oil pan leak. But i have not seen any oil leak from under my car. He recommende