Q: My 67 mustang had issues starting so I changed the alternator and fuel pump. Now it won't start.

Changed the fuel pump and alternator in my 67 mustang with a inline 6 and 3 speed but after it wouldn't start. I'd get lifts on the dash lighting up and the click when I turned the key. I thought I messed up the alternator so I put the old one back in, it made a grinding sound but still wouldn't start

Hi there. Check all of the wiring form the charging system to the starting system. Make sure that all of the wires are tight and make sure that all of the cables have no green corrosion on them. Since you replaced the alternator and now it does not start, check the positive wire to the battery and make sure that its hooked up to the positive (+) terminal. Also, check the shifter and see if its out of alignment, which could also cause the starter to not engage. If you need further assistance with your engine not starting, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. My 67 mustang had issues starting so I changed the alternator and fuel pump. Now it won't start.