Q: 2013 Chevy Cruze is lurching forward when idling and making a noise like "running over someone" not necessarily at same time

asked by on February 13, 2018

My daughter is away at college and called to tell me that her car has been lurching forward when idling for about a month. Then today it started making a noise that sounds like she is "running over someone" when she is sitting still. I'm going to have to get it into a shop in a town I am not in. I don't want to be taken advantage of. Do you have any clues as to what could be the issues?

It is possible that there could be an issue with the idle air control system. Unfortunately the only way to know for sure would be to have the vehicle inspected by a qualified professional to determine the exact cause of this issue. Consider YourMechanic as inspection such as these can be performed at your home or office.