Q: Would it make sense to have the A C Compressor replaced given the mileage on my Escape?

My 2006 Ford Escape has 109K miles on her. I recently had to have the battery cables replaced as they were corroded all the way through. After this repair, I was advised that I need a new A C Compressor and new driver-side door actuator. I live in AZ and going without A C can prove to be unbearable. I have been researching costs and D.I.Y possibility but am wondering if it makes sense to make these repairs or consider getting another vehicle. Any suggestions?

The answer to this question would depend on your personal situation. Depending on how much you like the vehicle, any other problems that it may have, as well as the financial aspect of purchasing a new vehicle. All of these things would need to be taken into consideration before making a decision.

I would weigh out the cost of the A/C repair and how much your vehicle is worth compared to the price of another vehicle that you may be considering. It may make more sense financially to fix the A/C and keep the vehicle that you currently have.

It is also important to note that your vehicle has less than average mileage for the year and would be considered a low mileage vehicle. Taking this into consideration you will likely be able to get many more miles out of the vehicle that you currently own.

If you decide to fix the car your currently have, consider YourMechanic, as a mobile technician can come to your home to replace your AC compressor and door lock actuator at your own convenience.

• Would it make sense to have the A C Compressor replaced given the mileage on my Escape?