Q: wont start loss of power

good day i was driving my car and started hearing a like ticking noise like happy tappets but its not that then it got louder after a week i drove about 5 km then it started losing power i just made it home turned it off the next day try starting it and nothing it looks like i dont have comprehension on cilender 1 but not sure any ideas what this could be its getting petrol i put some it by the carb slowly as i tryed starting but did not run ?

A: Hello there, many different faults could ca...

Hello there, many different faults could case your 2002 Toyota Corolla to have a ticking noise, loss of power and now a no start condition. If a compression check was done and cylinder 1 was found to have no compression this is an issue. The most common causes of no compression are the piston rings, valve seals, burnt valves, and low oil. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your engine noise and make any repairs required.