Q: Wont change gear

I just change the clutch master and slave cylinder on my 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse. Now it wont change gear. I bleed it good and theres a good pressure on the clutch. When the engine is not on you could change gear and plus when you start on 1st gear the release the clutch the car will move. I change the master and slave because the clutch sometimes sink to the floor

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. It's ...

Hi there, thanks for writing in.

It's likely that there is still a bit of air in the clutch hydraulic system. Even though you already bled it, you may have to do it several more times to get it perfect. When there is even a tiny amount of air in the clutch hydraulic system, it won't allow the slave cylinder to fully extend, which will prevent the clutch from totally disengaging. So even though if feels like its disengaging, it's likely still dragging the clutch disc and transmission slightly, making it extremely difficult to change gears while it's running. I suggest you try to bleed the clutch again, then pump the pedal a bunch and bleed it again. Make sure you have someone to help you, unless you have a good vacuum or pressure bleeder. If you're still having trouble changing gears after this, then I suggest you contact a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose your shift issue for you.