Q: Could the code P0455 be the purge solenoid ?

Could the code P0455 be the purge soleniod needing to be replaced? And does the purge soleniod do and what are its symptoms when bad?

Hi there. We have two great articles posted here on our website that will really help you learn more about the EVAP system and specifically the purge solenoid. The first is this article which explains what the P0455 OBD-II trouble code means, the causes and solutions. The second is an article that explains the symptoms of a bad or faulty canister purge solenoid. To answer your question about whether the purge solenoid could trigger the code you listed, the simple answer is - sometimes. In most cases the actual cause is a faulty gas cap that needs to be replaced, but a bad purge solenoid can also be the culprit.

3. Could the code P0455 be the purge solenoid ?