Q: Wondering about tire size

Current tires are 255/70/16. Wondering if I can put 265/70/16 on the same rims without doing damage to truck? Mine is the 2WD version

Hi there. Usually the rule of thumb on plus sizing is anytime you increase the tire width, you need to reduce the aspect ratio (or that middle number) by one size. So, in this case, if you increase your tire width to 265, you need to decrease the aspect ratio to 65. If you don’t this could cause issues with multiple components such as ABS, cruise control and traction control. Anytime you decide to purchase new tires, make sure to follow this rule of thumb; as your vehicle shouldn’t be impacted by the change.

3. Wondering about tire size