Q: 1997 ford f350 7.5 l engine cranks but no start.Has spark,good compression,fuel,tried start fluid,removed oxy sensor.Any other ide

asked by on October 23, 2017

Engine cranks but no start.Compression is 125 all cylinders.Spark is good at new spark plugs.Sprayed start fluid in carbs.Good fuel pressure.Removed oxy sensor.Engine gives an occasional little kick after cranking.But will not start.Ran fine before i parked it a week ago.I am out of ideas.Can you help?

Hi Dan. Thanks for contacting us today. I’m kind of curious as to why you’d remove the O2 sensors - as they are vital for relaying data to the ECU in order to create the right air to fuel mixture. This might be the source of your starting problem. However, it’s also possible that a crankshaft or cam sensor is damaged, or the electrical harness connected to them is frayed or damaged. The first thing I’d do is verify your ignition timing is correct and that those ignition sensors are working well. Second, I’d install the O2 sensors again and secure the electrical harness. Once that is done, clear any existing error codes in the ECU. If this resolves our problem, fantastic! If not, you might want to have a professional mechanic come to your location and help you diagnose this problem.