Q: Won't turn off when I turn the key

my 1989 jeep comanche will not shut off when i turn the key to the off position. the radio however does turn off on key i have replaced the coil and the ignition switch, when i replaced the coil it shut off a few times and now its back to not turning off..have any idea's what to try next?

Your vehicle’s inability to shut off can be due to several issues. You may be looking at an issue or a short with the ignition system. If the aftermarket ignition switch that is on the vehicle was installed incorrectly, or was dead on arrival (a bad switch), then you would have this issue. You may want to look into the ignition pull rod, which resets the switch when turned to off, is not damaged. These are made from a weak metal usually, and may have become damaged. If you are inclined to believe it is an electrical issue, turn to your alternator. The diodes may be providing more electricity to the engine after they should have cut off. The alternator would need to be replaced at this point.

3. Won't turn off when I turn the key