Q: Won't stay started.

This morning when I started my jeep, it hesitated and then it started. I dropped my kids off at daycare and I left it running. When I got back in and put it in reverse, it cut off. Put it in park, and it started back up. Leaving work, it hesitated again but started. Got to daycare and cut it off. Leaving daycare it started but then backing up it cut off. I got it to start a few times then it just wouldn't start. My dad came and we finally got it to start with jumper cables. It cut off 2 times on the way to my dads. Every time I had to stop it would cut off. My dad unhooked the battery and noticed the terminal was making sparks and asked me what i had turned on. There was nothing turned on. So we pulled the cluster fuse. It started right up. I drove up and down the road and never cut off. So it hasn't cut off but without the fuse, my gauges don't work. Is it an electrical problem in the dash that is draining my battery?

Hi, thanks for writing in. This sounds like you may have a problem relating to the electrical draw of the instrument cluster or potentially a short somewhere causing this excess draw of power. When one component in the electrical system causes an undue or excess draw on the power of the entire system, this can cause the loss of power you describe. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect this loss of power issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

3. Won't stay started.